
I have a couple I want to make first for friends who are survivors and for my friend Elizabeth who is walking in the 3-Day Challenge before I start adding these beads to my shop. My plan is to charge $20 plus $5 shipping and then donate the $20 directly to the Susan G Komen fund. The $5 covers what I pay in shipping since I always use USPS Priority Mail with tracking/confirmation

Check out Joe's blog. He is walking across the entire United States to help raise $ for breast cancer. Todd told me about Joe, who is the nephew of one of Todd's previous managers at Level 3. Joe updates his blog almost daily with information about what he encounters every day while walking. Most recently, it was a mountain lion. Can you imagine?
2 comments:
Kelley, this is fabulous! I do the walk every year here with my friend who is a breast cancer survivor. My own mum's a survivor. Keep us posted when you list this, I'm definitely in. BTW, one of the major areas of research I worked in at the Peter Mac Cancer hospital was breast cancer. The Susan G Komen foundation funded a lot of our really innovative work. Thanks so much for doing this!
Thanks LeAnn! Although cancer (lymphoma) took both my Mom's Dad & her oldest brother and my own Dad survived prostate cancer, my family has been fortunate to avoid the ravages of breast cancer. It has touched the lives of so many of my friends that I can't imagine not helping in my own small way.
Between this and the Beads of Courage program for children with cancer, I am happy to give of my time and glass in making these beads!
Post a Comment