Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Thank you for joining me on my weekend journey to San Diego and so many of the things I saw.  I had an absolutely fabulous time and learned so much from Blue Lily and the other workshop attendees.  I am still floating from the experience and everything I learned.  

I'm also floating because I took yesterday off and spent much of it on the torch.  I made ninety one beads.  That's right....91 little new beads.  And one worry stone.  Woo hoo!

I don't have everything cleaned out yet.  Or etched.  So I will start off with a set and a worry stone I made last week.  I love this blue.

And when it is reduced, it turns all mirrory metallic on me.  If etched, it would be a deep cobalt blue.  I'm still contemplating on whether or not to etch.  What do you think?  Should I etch?  Or should I make another set and etch those?

Here is the start of the beads I made yesterday.  I'm halfway through cleaning.  Maybe not quite half.  I will be etching these, but wanted to at least give a sneak peak of what is coming.  I wanted to have lots of sea glass beads to put in the shop on Saturday.

Here is the worry stone I made yesterday.  To etch or not?  Hmmm.

Hoping to get the rest of the beads cleaned tonight and etch them so I can hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) photograph them all tomorrow over my lunch hour.

6 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Kelley, those are gorgeous beads. I think I'd make another set then try the etching! That would be my suggestion!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, I simply love your blog and your beautiful work. I look forward to following you on this amazing journey.

SummersStudio said...

To etch or not? Tough question. While I love etched beads, I really like that metalic finish.

Lori P said...

Ga ga ga gorgeous dahling! I can't wait to hear about your experience.

somethingunique said...

Hi Kelley, i would like to see them both ways,i too enjoy your blog & love your beads.

Mellisa said...

geez louise, 91 beads??! Crazy productive girl!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails