Here is what has been filling up my free time. I was so shocked at how quickly crocheting came back to me after not touching a crochet hook in a good 20-25 years. Now I'm addicted. At least until this is done.
Right now, it is about five feet long (as far as my arms can reach out to my sides) and a foot wide. I'm thinking it will probably take me a couple weeks before I finish this. We'll see.
I have a bunch of fabric in my dryer waiting to be pulled out and ironed so I can start cutting it up into squares and then piece it together to quilt. I want to start in on that this week, too. Just need to find the time. And time for the torch. My torch is getting lonely. It shoots me dirty looks during the day while I'm working.

13 comments:
Tell that torch that you need to do other things too to keep your brain working (it's like having another kid isn't it? My clay yells at me too)… I love doing stuff like crochet. I love things that put you into that Zen place with repetitive motions and outcomes that make you want to do more of it...
Hi Kelley,your a women of many talents can't wait to see it all finished! ttfn ;)
it's beautiful so far! I love the color palette!
Look at you! You possess many talents indeed. I love your choice of colors!
WOW, that is REALLY pretty. Love it!!
The colors are so wonderful; like an evening in mid-autumn. Beautiful, beautiful! Here's to being so multi-talented. :D
Love the variegated! Like they say, give a busy person an extra task and they'll get it done before anyone else!
Fantastic yarn choice! Wish I could crochet, that is going to be so awesome when it's done :)
Dang! You are a busy little beaver! The torch, crochet, quilting, karate. The throw is beautiful. I have one my grandmother made for me when I graduated from high school and it's still usable!! I will not disclose how long ago that was - but suffice it to say, those things are treasures that last a lifetime - or forever. :)
Hi Kelly, I've been enjoying your blog. You have such amazing talent.
Wishing you and your family a lovely weekend.
Blessings - Debbie
Oh you rock!!! I have never picked up crochet and am dying to learn how to make little flowers!There is a girl on Etsy I ordered from last year and put them on everything! I can't wait to see your quilt! : D
That is so cool, you must have done quite a bit of crochet when you did it before. I tried to do it while I was down after foot surgery and could not get the hang of it after 25 years, but I didn't do much and wasn't that good at it back then. I love what you've done!!
I think there's a yarn gene connected to the glass gene -- soooo many of the lampworkers I know also knit or crochet!
Post a Comment