After we returned from our cruise, I was in mad-dash mode to get more jewelry made for the craft fair the very next Saturday. Then continued on in that same mode to finish several pieces of jewelry wanted in time for Christmas. Not that this is a valid excuse for not blogging, but I'm going to use it. :D
Below is a floating necklace I made, as well as a matching pair of earrings. A friend saw the beads in my Etsy shop and emailed me "Make my wife some pretties!" And so, this is what came out. I first had to make more of the same beads, since I had only 7 in my shop.

I stared at my boxes & boxes of beads for spacers, but nothing looked quite right. In the end, I decided just swarovski crystals on either side to make into a floating necklace would be the best. Nothing to detract from these beauties.

I haven't been on the torch in three weeks because we've just been into so many other things. We had grandparents visiting (which was absolutely awesome and ended too soon!) and birthdays to celebrate and laundry to do. Oh, the laundry! But I carry my lighter with me in my jeans pocket. It makes me feel just a little bit closer to my torch. Like I could fire it up at any second, if I want to. :)
My Mom's birthday was in the middle of all this, but work was out of control that night as I worked two separate outages until 7pm. Mom had to take over making her own birthday dinner. And her cake. Todd's sister helped with getting it stacked and frosted. Thank goodness for family members willing to help out and takeover when I couldn't be in there. I finished with work just as dinner was being cleared from the table. Just in time for cake!

Look at my Owensk. He just loves to help and jumped right in to secure the clasp on Mom's new necklace that I made for her. :)

Hoping to get back on the torch this week to make new beads. I still have more jewelry orders to fill. And am slowly learning different tricks in Photoshop that are fun (for my family pics, since I don't do anything other than crop my bead/jewelry pics so colors stay true).
I can't believe Christmas is 18 days away. My shopping is pretty much done, but I'm still working on photographs/calendars for all the grandparents. So much to do. So little time.
Are you ready for this Christmas?
Below is a floating necklace I made, as well as a matching pair of earrings. A friend saw the beads in my Etsy shop and emailed me "Make my wife some pretties!" And so, this is what came out. I first had to make more of the same beads, since I had only 7 in my shop.
I stared at my boxes & boxes of beads for spacers, but nothing looked quite right. In the end, I decided just swarovski crystals on either side to make into a floating necklace would be the best. Nothing to detract from these beauties.
I haven't been on the torch in three weeks because we've just been into so many other things. We had grandparents visiting (which was absolutely awesome and ended too soon!) and birthdays to celebrate and laundry to do. Oh, the laundry! But I carry my lighter with me in my jeans pocket. It makes me feel just a little bit closer to my torch. Like I could fire it up at any second, if I want to. :)
My Mom's birthday was in the middle of all this, but work was out of control that night as I worked two separate outages until 7pm. Mom had to take over making her own birthday dinner. And her cake. Todd's sister helped with getting it stacked and frosted. Thank goodness for family members willing to help out and takeover when I couldn't be in there. I finished with work just as dinner was being cleared from the table. Just in time for cake!
Look at my Owensk. He just loves to help and jumped right in to secure the clasp on Mom's new necklace that I made for her. :)
Hoping to get back on the torch this week to make new beads. I still have more jewelry orders to fill. And am slowly learning different tricks in Photoshop that are fun (for my family pics, since I don't do anything other than crop my bead/jewelry pics so colors stay true).
I can't believe Christmas is 18 days away. My shopping is pretty much done, but I'm still working on photographs/calendars for all the grandparents. So much to do. So little time.
Are you ready for this Christmas?
7 comments:
I love the floating necklace...the colors are great...and I love the crystals you chose for the spacers, I think they are perfect! And I can't believe you are almost done with your Christmas shopping...I have barely started! I am jealous! :)
funny, i was thinking today that it's unusual for you to go so long between blog posts. i absolutely adore that necklace!! and um, thanks for the reminder on the days remaining before christmas...i haven't even started :P
The necklace is wonderful! I'm almost done got two more things to get.
Okay, I'm kinda laughing that you're like the "masked lampworker" carrying your lighter around and ready to whip it out in case of a beadmaking emergency ;-)
Love the beads and the necklace - you did a great job!
Nice work on the jewelry, Kelly! I can't believe Christmas is so close either!
A cruise, and you forgot to take me--ha ha! I hope you had fun!
I love the floating necklace, and your beads are just gorgeous!!
Thanks ladies :) I'm really proud of the necklace and had so much fun making it!
Parrot, thanks for the new nickname. I'm smiling to myself every day now about being the Masked Lampworker as I reach into my pocket and feel my lighter. It's like I'm a Ninja, ready for anything!
My apologies, Alice. I was running around like mad trying to pack my suitcase the hour before leaving the house and I just forgot. I'll write myself a big note for next year so you can come, too :)
Post a Comment