Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Goings On in the Wenzel Household

It has been a long coupla weeks. My Chloe Bean has had a 102+ fever every day since Friday, December 11th. Do you know how long that is for a five year old? To be stuck at home with Mom & Dad while they work and not have any friends to play with? Eons. It is truly eons for the girl child.

Tonight we made our third trip to the doctor's office and found out whatever she had has now turned into walking pneumonia. We started five new meds to combat the pneumonia, infection, rash/hives and itchiness. Thankful we now have a name for this pain and a treatment to get her back in school by the start of next week (crossing fingers for this Friday, but we'll see). Even with this high fever, she has kept a great disposition and has felt pretty good. She has also become quite proficient using the ear thermometer.


The other main event (which is more draining) is that our 18 year old boy cat got extremely sick last night. He has had hyper-thyroidism for the past three years, which has slowly taken his 22 lb frame down to 6 lbs. Last night, he threw up blood all over our living room. It looked absolutely horrible and I could only imagine how awful he felt. We called a neighbor to come stay in the house while we drove Keeters to the emergency vet clinic. We knew before we left that we would likely be putting him down.

When we arrived, all of his vitals were much lower than normal. The veterinarian ran through at least a dozen tests they could run through, but ended with she didn't think any of the tests would help him. She agreed that euthanization was the best decision. The most humane. But oh, how hard that is. The weight of that decision, that responsibility, is just so staggering. It never ceases to churn my stomach with pets, but I know we made the right decision last night.


I am taking the rest of this week off from work to regroup. To spend time with my girl child as she recovers. To wrap Christmas presents. To bury my Keeters boy once this rain stops. To re-organize the house and clean in prep for the upcoming company we will have beginning next week. To make new jewelry. To spend time on the torch when the girl child is napping (if I don't nap with her!). To bake cookies. To ship presents. To write our yearly letter and get it sent out on time, rather than sending our Christmas cards in July (like I might have done this past year). And to clean out the 40+ beads I made this weekend and get them photographed so I can blog about them. :)

8 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

Oh Kelley, a BIG cyber hug!

lunedreams said...

so glad that you know what's up now with your little girl and you can treat it! what a relief, huh? so sorry to hear about your kitty though. even when it's the right thing to do it still hurts. sounds like he had a loving family!

rosebud101 said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful furbaby. My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS)))

Gardanne said...

Sorry about your kitty, especially around the holidays. Your little one is so sweet, sounds like the H1N1 flu. Natalie had 7 kids in her class with walking pneumonia, after the flu. Sounds like she is on the mend, have a great holiday.

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Oh Kel...I am so, so sorry about Keeters. I am sending you the biggest, warmest hug ever. {{{HUG}}}. And I am sorry to hear Chloe has pneumonia, I hope she feels better soon. That is an adorable picture of her by the way!

Unknown said...

Oy! When it rains it pours! Hugs...it's awful losing a pet...mine went the day before yours...maybe they are chasing mice together :) I'm glad your bean is better!

Beth Anderson said...

When it rains it pours is right - so sorry Kelley. Wishing you a Merry Christmas - it's got to get better.......
hugs.....

Anonymous said...

ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap uggs
wholesale ugg boots
wholesale uggs
ugg boot
ugg shoes
uggs wholesale
Bailey Button UGG
Fluff Ugg Boots
Kids ugg
Nightfall Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots 2
UGG Classic
Classic Mini sheepskin boot
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Cardy
Ugg Short Metallic
Ugg Tall Metallic
UGG Classic Argyle Knit
UGG Classic Crochet Boots
UGG Sandals
Braid Sandals Ugg Boots
Suede Sandals Ugg
UGG Coquette Sandals
Ugg Dakota sandals
UGG Gypsy sandals
UGG Halendi sandals
UGG Morocco sandals
UGG Sandals
Ugg Stripe Cable Knit
UGG Sundance Grab bags
UGG Ultra boots
Ultra Short Ugg
Ultra Tall Ugg
uggs on sale
discount uggs boots
cheap uggs online
cheapest ugg
uggs for cheap

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails