Here are two sets of beads I have been busy making for Kat. I love the look of raku on black, especially when it is etched. I varied my technique a little this time and ended up with more blues :)

I LOVE this purple frit from Val Cox and melted it into clear rods to wrap around the light sky blue beads. This was a color combination request from Chloe this past week...


And then silver melted on top of a Vetrofond Strawberry glass. Quite a reaction happened between the silver and the glass, which you can see in the dark lines connecting the dots where the silver wire melted in. This was a practice round at re-familiarizing myself with melting silver wire in the flame before I make a set for Cristi. Hoping to get time on the torch to do that this week before we leave for Phoenix on the 14th (can't wait!)


We had temps in the high 60s with sun most of the weekend (cept for when I took pics this afternoon! grrrr), but I took advantage of the warmer weather to 1. open the windows in the house and 2. take pics of beads to list in Etsy this week.


2 comments:
These all turned out so great! I love the last set of beads, they are perfect for Fall designs!
Your beads make me wish I knew how to make jewelry! Fantastic stuff.
Post a Comment