Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Counting down the days

Just eight more days until we head to Phoenix for a WHOLE WEEK with family and I am so excited!  I can't decide if I'm more thrilled about the warmer temps (in the 70-80s!!!) or seeing our fam....I'm leaning toward the latter, but the 80s are a close runner up if you know how I freeze, dress in layers and blast my space heater every year when Atlanta weather drops into the 50s or below.  I'm such a wimp.

Here is my Bean child from last weekend when she wasn't sporting hives.  Which is to say, she hadn't been at school that day because it was Sunday.  The hives have reappeared every day after being in her classroom for a few hours.  Every day since Jan 26th, the girl child has popped unbelievable hives from eating pineapple in her fruit cocktail (school didn't realize the new brand had pineapple in it).  She got a double whammy that day because her teacher brought in a fresh pineapple, chopped the top off it and stuck it in a petri dish on one of the kids tables.  Anyone who knows four year olds think that they would be inclined to touch something new?  Didn't think so.  Four year olds just don't touch new items.  I didn't see that until Tuesday night, so she had a good two school days to soak it in and play in it.  Gah!I think all of the kids rolled in it & then touched EVERYTHING in the classroom.  Kudos go to the assistant teachers for cleaning EVERY surface in the classroom to help get rid of the pineapple & stop her hives.  Tomorrow I take her to my doctor who eliminated ALL of my food and animal allergies through accupressure.  Yep.  All of them.  They haven't come back in over four years.

I have been playing with adding silver wire/drops to my beads and expect to have pics this weekend for an updated blog.  Right now, they are hanging out on a mandrel over my kitchen sink.  I take longer washing my hands just so I can look at them :)

Today is my Friday.  Taking a vacation day tomorrow to become reacquainted with my torch in the morning before I take Chloe to the doctor.  Thinking torch time in the afternoon is out as the girl child is begging to watch Sound of Music after her nap tomorrow.  Which is cool.  Any day watching Julie Andrews is a good day.  Sure beats work!

1 comment:

Lorelei Eurto said...

She is adorable!
Sorry to hear about the pineapple incident. Yikes. My niece has serious allergies and food allergies, poor child. It's aggravating!!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails