Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Playing with Fire

Very happy the work day is over with and I was able to move on to the business of being a family. An escalation came in just after 5pm (of course!), so we ended up getting Chloe late from school. But we went out for Mexican and it was absolutely delicious....chips/salsa, margaritas, carne asada and the kids behaved as good as angels (I LOVE it when they do that!). After dinner, we rewarded the kids with movie night and Kung Fu Panda (I have absolutely no desire to watch this and don't want to know why/how it held the attention of my 6 year old the entire time) and Todd ran up to the tennis courts to watch his mixed doubles team play. I met him up there, but too late to see his teammates mop up on the other team. However, I did get to hang out with the guys and enjoy a mug of bailey's & coffee to keep warm. Then back home to get the kids in bed and fire up the torch. I finished one order for big-hole beads and then moved on to playing with Brad's glass again and keeping Wendy's standard operating procedure in mind....the more time in the flame the better. I think I pulled out more creams, blues and greens tonight, but I'll find out for sure in the morning.

I've been wanting to show you how I melt glass, but the video I have is a little too big. So until I make a newer/smaller video, click here to see it on my other website. And here to watch an awesome video of Chloe falling asleep while eating strawberries when she was still just a little bean.

No comments:

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails