Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Flying Home

This week hasn't been as busy as I had expected it to be.  Last Sunday, the day before I was to fly out to Colorado Springs...my photography workshop with the Parsons was canceled.  Shortly after they arrived in Colorado, their newest son began having problems breathing and was rushed to the ER.  After being in the ICU, their son Zion underwent brain surgery.  He is now doing very well and was released from the hospital yesterday with the instructions to get back to lower elevations FAST.   And so they went.  They are now back home.  This family has had more than their share of emotional ups and downs since adopting this boy, but I am in awe.  He is a miracle baby in so many ways.  You can read their story here.

I am thankful that their son is healthy enough to be back home now.  I have been so worried for them this week!  I was also thankful to not miss my children's first day/week of school.  And get extra sleep, because getting up early to leave the house by 4am on Monday...was not looking forward to that.  I did fly up to Newark yesterday and had a great customer meeting.  I so love getting to put faces with voices and these folks were just great.  There were a few jokes that I was shorter than expected because I sound so authoritative on the phone.  I was amused, since I hover at just three inches over five feet.  And more that I didn't pick up on the fact one of the ladies was pregnant because I didn't think she sounded pregnant over the phone.  I have worked with all of these people for well over a year (probably close to two years) and was thrilled to finally be able to meet them.  I was bummed that this was as close as I was going to get to New York City.

Yesterday, I started/finished reading Heaven is for Real on my two flights.  I was asleep before 10p and slept until after 7 this morning.  I feel so rested now and ready to start my day of travel back home to my family.  I have a layover in Pennsylvania and will get home just in time to cook dinner tonight.  I can't wait to see my kids and husband!

No other pics to show from my mini-trip to New Jersey.  I brought my camera along, but haven't used it once (the shot above was taken with my phone).  However, I did sit next to another photographer on my flight up to Charlotte yesterday.  And was surrounded by well over a dozen photographers over breakfast this morning before they left on their tour bus.

This weekend, I will be cleaning and photographing beads for a shop update.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Mellisa said...

Aw, so sorry that your workshop was canceled (and even more sorry for The Parsons and that big scare!). You're a lemonade kind of girl though so I'm glad it didn't get you down :)

Gardanne said...

So sorry your workshop was canceled, but you have a way about you that turns lemons into lemonade.
So glad their baby is on the mend, nothing more scary than a sick child.

Pretty Things said...

I read about the Parsons and am just blown away by the love some people have.

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails