This week is flying by. The weekend is a blur. I don't remember Monday night. Wednesday night was the first chance I got on the torch this week. Tonight I will be back on the torch making more eggs. Tomorrow night I'll be watching my honeys play tennis in a playoffs match with his mens seniors team.
Tuesday we went to a tennis tournament and saw some big names play like James Black, Mardy Fish, Taylor Dent and Andy Roddick. They didn't allow SLR cameras, so I took my little Olympus point n shoot and got some decent pics before the sun dropped behind the trees. Wish I had had my camera when I was standing three feet from Andy Roddick and made eye contact. It was so cool being so incredibly close to these talented players and watching them play. Here is a pic of James Blake as he was walking onto the court.
My Grandma is doing much better since her little surgery last week where they put a stent in each kidney artery. They found a 77% blood flow blockage on the right side. No wonder her blood pressure was so out of whack!
Maggie is also doing much better. The vet drilled out two infected roots and drained the nastiness that had swelled her cheek (you don't even wanna know). She is now on heavy duty pain meds (two different kinds twice daily) and strong antibiotics for the next week.
Maggie is also doing much better. The vet drilled out two infected roots and drained the nastiness that had swelled her cheek (you don't even wanna know). She is now on heavy duty pain meds (two different kinds twice daily) and strong antibiotics for the next week.
A coworker shared this video with me. For all of you who know softy dads who try to be tough, this is for you. I am especially amused because my husband has always wanted to be a white boy rapper. A church in Oklahoma produced this video. I LOVE the Disney movie scene with the daughter watching her father. Awesomeness!
Counting down the days....
2 days until I bring my chickens home.
It has been almost three weeks since I have smooched their cheeks!
8 days until Lorelei arrives!
I'm so excited and can't wait until she gets here!!!
We will be going out for a Mexican dinner and bead shopping :D
11 days until school begins.
How did I get to be the mom of a Kindergartner and 2nd grader so soon?
The part about school starting back that makes me happiest is that I can get rid of that mohawk on the boy!
The part about school starting back that makes me happiest is that I can get rid of that mohawk on the boy!
29 days until I go to Philadelphia for BeadFest 2010!
Cassandra and I are flying up together.
We will be camera nerds on the plane because we are sitting next to each other.
53 days until my Grandma turns 92. Wow!
57 days until the boy child turns 8.
63 days until my honeys and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
I can't believe we started dating 12 years ago.
It doesn't seem that long at all.



9 comments:
So! EXCITED!!
Cool new eggs, loving the red, and the ivory with swirls. Excellent!!!!
Are those some of my eggs?!?!!!?
I love what you are doing. So glad to have challenged you to something new!!!
You are going to have so much fun. Wish I could be there too.
How can you stand being apart from such cuteness? They are a delight.
Enjoy the day!
Erin
I'm so glad your grandmother is okay. I love the new beads. And, that you tube video? I can't wait to show Jamey. True, so true:-).
I love the ivory swirly one too! WHA? School ALREADY? That seems so early! Yeesh! Hope Gma will be on the mend now. I cracked up at the same part of the Dad video--the girl's face when Dad's all weepy! Priceless! Laughed out loud.
Lorelei, there might be red, swirled eggs on your bedside table in a week and a half!
Erin, if you have a webcam we could video chat while I make your eggs! Then you could be here with me :)
TH - Todd watched the video repeatedly today. I'm curious if Jamey will be as entertained.
Keirsten, our county is one of many in GA moving towards school year round as part of their initiative to pull GA out of the bottom ranked states in education. Only two months for summer and then a week off every 6 weeks with two weeks off over Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Okay, you are WAY more organized than me. I can only focus on the immediate.
Poor Maggie! Man, a root canal for a dog. Hope she's feeling better soon.
Hopefully I'll be back by the end of next week to see Lorelei. I'll have to catch up with you at some point between all of your activities! Sounds like a busy, fun weekend.
1) The swirl egg is really cool.
2) I can't believe that 3 weeks are gone since you came home - it seems like last sunday to me.
3) I think you are ok not having any Xmas shopping done :)
Glad everyone is ok and you are having a good time.
OMG the Dad Life clip is soooo funny! I have tears Kelley!!!! Gorgeous eggs - love the swirls:)
I love the eggs, Kelley - I've been following you for a long time and I just love them! I'm too afraid to buy any right now because I know I couldn't do them justice. Someday, though! :)
Post a Comment