Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jackpot Giveaway!

This GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED.
Please go HERE to see the winner :)

No, this isn't an April Fools Day joke.  Nor is it Fools' Gold.  

But it will be a nice box of loot and beady goodness to the one lucky winner!


The box with all the beads in it weighs over one and a half pounds!  

One and a half pounds people!

Not only are there Beads Galore beads in this giveaway that I bought a few weeks ago in Arizona, but lots of other beads that are in my own personal stash.  Like those white and yellow turquoise beads at the bottom of this pic below.

And double drilled turquoise long beads.  And some big crazy agate tear drop shaped beads (at least I think those are crazy agate!).  And green turquoise.

And one of my early worry stone beads, as well as a handful of more of my lampwork beads.   Lotsa good beads in this pile, folks.  Lotsa good beads.

All you have to do to enter to win is leave a comment naming your favorite blog or Etsy shop.  I figure this will be a good sharing post of where to find the coolest stories, photographs or handmade goods that can suck many of us in for hours.

Hours?  Who said hours.  Blogs don't suck me in for hours.  Whatever.  

Let's get to it.  Name your fave blog or shop.  

I'll be using random.org to pick a winner next Friday, April 9th.  Please leave only one comment because any/all repeats will be deleted.

154 comments:

Emi said...

What a great giveaway; so many wonderful beads! I think my favorite etsy shop at the moment is Adornments for Tarts (http://www.etsy.com/shop/choklit) as I am completely in love with her new Absinthe themed collection!
Take care! I hope the strep has cleared up, I used to get it all the time as a child & teen and boy does it suck! Especially since I am allergic to penicillin.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Have I died and gone to Heaven? Have you lost your ever loving mind, giving these away? I hope I win. OmG. i hope i hope.
Ok so my favorite shop right now is: Sarah Blank
and blog is:
www.desiretoinspire.net

Artisan Beads Plus said...

WOW!! How incredibly generous!! I will have to say that my favorite etsy shop is also my favorite person's shop which is my husband ;O)
It's http://splitfirepottery.etsy.com

Luthvian said...

those beads are gorgeous! I agree with lorelei, have you lost your mind giving those away?? <3

I'd say lorelei's shop is my favourite, I love the organic flavour to her jewelry. and, cheesy as it sounds, I think your blog is my fav - I love seeing all the new beads you cook up.

if I win, I'm keeping that worry stone for myself - I need a cute fidget toy.

pam ferrari said...

Oh what fun beads. I hope I win. Blogs I read everyday are yours, Sue's Beads,Kab's creative concepts, Lorelei's. I read more but these are always updated in the morning. Etsy store Patina Queen, Brads pottery. Good luck to me.

Rosanne said...

A pound and a half of beads? What a great give away. I have so many Etsy shops that I love to go to, I guess my favorite at the moment would be Jade Scott, I wait every month for her new updates.
My favorite blog would have to be ABS -
http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/

jennem said...

My favorite Etsy shop of the moment is MindyKuen http://www.etsy.com/shop/mindykuen


Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

Susan Marling said...

Wow - what an awesome give-away! I would think I had died and gone to heaven if I win( I hope)! I think Lorelei's blog is my favorite. I love her jewelry style so it is fun to see her new things and she has introduced me to other blogs and etsy sites. Thanks for the chance.

Joy - TheLaughingMoonNYC.com said...

As of late, I have been enjoying http://cerebraldilettante.blogspot.com/. For etsy, I tend to covet the items in sooo many shops, but I really like MisFickleMedia.

Mellisa said...

Super generous giveaway! I bet my chances don't increase with blatant sucking up and saying that your blog is my fave?

Mary Jane's blog is always full of nice things... http://mairedodd.blogspot.com

swopemelmel said...

Oh do I dare dream of winning such a fab prize !!!! My faves are Lorelei Eurto (shop & blog) and also Humblebeads shop. I also love it when you have "name the bead" contests. Silver Parrot has a really funny blog too.
Mel

Higgins Design Studio said...

I love so many of the creative blogs... I think my most favorite is Purr Prints www.purrprints.blogspot.com But yours, and Sand Fibers and Time2cre8, Dogmaw Glass, and Slipcast: The Ceramics Blog are also in close running.
I have tried not to get pulled into the wonderful world of Etsy... my budget is in no way proportional to my taste... I'd be in the poor-house before the evening is over... But once in a while, I'll see something in one of the blogs that I just have to get, and I link to Etsy to buy... then close it down before I get into trouble. lol
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bead stash for the prize!

Heather said...

I'm a little biased and love Midwest Parents. (http://midwestparents.blogspot.com) but I have a great group of writers there that are writing some really great stuff.

I've also enjoyed Pacing the Panic Room because his photography is gorgeous and he's doing this awesome pregnancy shoot. http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com/

Alice Howe said...

What a generous blog contest! The lucky winner will be in bead heaven! Currently, I am enjoying Another Country Beadworks
http://anothercountry.etsy.com

Cindy~ said...

OMG! I just died and went to heaven girl! And I'm not a beader - BUT OMG Imagine the possibilities of combining these with my silver!! OMG OMG OMG..

NOW... I don't feel right doing this on YOUR blog... but my absolute FAV blog... in the whole world... is Keirsten Giles ~ cerebraldilettante.blogspot.com OMG she's so talented and funny ... omg FUNNY...sometimes I pee myself!!

The Prickly Pinecone said...

My favorite blog at the minute has to be oneprettything.com

I could spend hours looking through the tutorials people have created, just wish I had the time to make them all!

Thanks for the fab giveaway.

thepricklypinecone(at)hotmail(dot)com

Judy said...

Kelley, Agate has been crazy ever since my first encounter in the mid seventies out at the Canyon. Your etsy shop is the only one I ever go to so it must be my favorite! Love you. Hope you are feeling better.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness I just had a full-body tremor.

I probably read too many blogs, and it's hard to choose a favorite - but right now, I find that I really enjoy the entries that Brandi posts in her blog at Catie's Blue: http://www.catiesblue.com/

Andrew Thornton said...

I love Nina Bagley's blog. I also love Kathy Van Kleek's. And I also love Kate McKinnon's. I check all of three of those every hour... just in case... you know, they updated again or something.

cjvierow said...

I enjoy KJ at Silverparrotdesigns.blogspot.com, and your blog, and about 100 others!! And, don't forget Molly and McGee raising baby owls!! You must be feeling better, hope so. CJ

C said...

My favorite Etsy shop is mylavaliere -- some very pretty and delicate pieces.

kaleidoscopequeen at gmail dot com

DVArtist said...

This is such a fantastic giveaway. Any beader/bead artist would love to win. Ohhh that is me LOL
There are so many wonderful blogs and e stores that it is hard to pick just one. However, I know a blog that is as elegant as the owner. http://belindasaville.blogspot.com/
Check out Belinda's blog from there you can see her e stores.

Nicole/Beadwright

barbe said...

WOW, with all the bad news I got yesterday winning this would certainly perk me up!

My fave blog is Lorelei's, where I found this giveaway!
http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/

She is so inspiring

coolmoon said...

What a great giveaway! Are you SURE you want to part with all those lovely beads? Well - if you're sure....
My favorite blog is Kate McKinnon's http//:www.katemckinnon.wordpress.com
always interesting, truthful, and most of the time freakin' hilarious! Sometimes bead related sometimes not - it's one worth reading. My favorite etsy shop? Besides mine - Lorelei Euto's.

Jeraluna said...

Wow, what a fun stash! Being a foodie one of my favorite blogs atm ishttp://anaschronicles.blogspot.com/

and this one is a lovely blog with beautiful photos
http://urbannaturalhistory.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

I think that this is a very generous giveaway from a lovely person,too!The beads look fab,no,magical.Like being in an old-fashioned sweet shop where there are so many fab things you don't know what look at first.I love Lorelei's shop for the reason that her jewellery is the sort of standard I inspire to reach one day if I am a very lucky and dedicated crafter.www.silverpuss.etsy.com.Allthe best,Anne

Unknown said...

Wow, look at all those amazing beads! What a huge inspiration they'll be to whoever wins them.

I love the Earthenwood Studios etsy shop, and Lorelei Eurto's shop too. I read too many blogs to count...this one, Lorelei's blog, Celie Fago's blog, Art Bead Scene, and the list goes on.

Unknown said...

What a grand and generous Giveawy!
I would have to say a few of my faves are Cynthias Thorntons, Farming on faith and Loreleis. Gaea always has wonderful things on hers too! Thanks for this opportunity!

Anonymous said...

Oh Baby! Getting hives just looking at all those colors! Very generous of you.. all the way around!

My favorite blog or Etsy shop? Well, right now your blog is my favorite! ; )

So as not to appear like a brown-noser.. my favorite Etsy shop right now is http://www.etsy.com/shop/WhiteEarthStudio
Janet
Honey from the Bee
Port Angeles, WA

KristiBowmanDesign said...

WOW, what an amazing giveaway, you rock!!!

I'd have to agree with Cindy (hi Cindy) Keirsten's blog cerebraldilettante.blogspot.com is so much fun and her shop is awesome too. That's where I found out about this giveaway.

Jordan Stroman said...

So many pretties! Aaahhhh.... I think my favorite Etsy shop is Blue Seraphim. She makes such beautiful lampwork glass! And I love love looove Lorelei's blog (http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/)!

Kym Hunter Designs said...

What a fun giveaway!
I really enjoy reading Andrew Thornton's and Nina Bagley's blogs. Besides creating beautiful jewelry, they are both such wonderful writers. I also like the layout of Lorelei Eurto's blog and I love her jewelry too.

Nicki said...

This is too generous of you. I hope you pick me (I know I am selfish). My favorite blog is Cathryns's Chilecats. I just love her stories.
chilecats.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing.

D'Arsie Manzella said...

This is such an excellent and generous giveaway! I hope the bead gods are smiling on me.

My favorite Etsy shop right now is:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/loveartworks

Gorgeous, whimsical pottery with bright colors and warm feelings.

Erin S said...

favorite etsy shop is stonestudiostoo.etsy.com. Hand drilled river rock beads at very reasonable prices, and she does custom orders if you want something specific. Now can I please win all those fab beads?!

Winchell Clayworks said...

Kelly at Silver Parrot is the first blog I read if I need a laugh (http://silverparrotdesigns.blogspot.com). I visit Lorelei's blog frequently as well, since she is so PROLIFIC (and it's always fab!)

Deerwoman Designs said...

a VERY nice selection of beads here. I'd like those large openwork metal ones. and is that red creek jasper I see? Looks like some Afghan beads there too. How can anyone part with them?

I'm Anita at Deerwoman Designs, USA and can be reached at deerwomandesigns@gmail.com

Hey can I vote for my own blog? I think it's very interesting. Meanwhile I bookmarked this site.
http://deerwomandesigns.blogspot.com/

I don't think I could choose a favorite. There are SO many good ones out there. people are so creative.

Boss said...

How can you be so generous and so cruel at the same time? I want all those beads, but I can't pick a favorite! What to do? I'll cover all the bases and say One Pretty Thing. I check it first every day.

Denise Yezbak Moore said...

What a wonderful giveaway. I think my favorite blog is Vintaj - www.vintaj.com/wpblog - too many favorite Etsy shops to list.

Katie said...

Wow - what a super giveaway! Maybe I will win and get an early birthday present :o)

As for my favorite blogs, I love reading LLYNN and learning more about her processes and life (I SO admire how she gets so much done AND works a day job)...And I love Lorelei's blog - the peek into her mind and life :o)

As for favorite Etsy shops...I spend WAY too much time (and money) at SueBeads, Earthenwood Studio, and RoundRabbitToo...But, I also like PatinaQueen and BellasBeadsandMore...

Doreen said...

OMG! Jackpot is right! What an exciting jackpot too! My favorite blog of the moment is Three Trees Art.

http://threetrees-art.blogspot.com/

I love Beth's jewelry, her posts are interesting...and...she cracks me up!

Sharon said...

OMG, what a haul! Thanks for being so generous with your stash. My fave etsy shop is missficklemedia.etsy.com and fave blog is maire dodd.

Unknown said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/atreasureforever

I love her store for her use of color. But there are lots of good stores out there on etsy...

Blanche and Guy Designs said...

how excellent!

my favorite shop right now is brainstormstudio (Brainstorm Studio) ... a really touching background story to this artwork.

and blog is Soule Mama (Amanda Soule) ... very inspiring

Great questions you asked for this giveaway. Would love to win that pound and a half of beads! :)

Patti said...

Well, I would have to say that Beaded Bird Design is my favorite shop. There is lots of cool stuff out there that is for sure. But gotta dance with the one who brung ya, yanno?

Gardanne said...

I have been enjoying the home decor section on etsy storque. My studio is in a cinderblock garage with glass block windows and I am trying to cozy it up with some things I already have.
Of course Lorelei's blog is my hub, that how I met your blog.
Thanks for the giveaway!

Susanm said...

My favourite blogs/shops are Lorelei`s and jennifer Jangles (Jennifer Heyden). I also really like Lilithevy.esty.com. She makes really neat little pillow boxes and rolled paper beads. Plus she is Canadian.

Rebecca said...

http://treasures-found.blogspot.com

That is my current favourite, but to be honest, it changes moment to moment as inspiration shines through from each blog I peruse. I will see a photo or a word connected to another blog and click on it, oh a new favourite. All of you amazing artists inspire me. I do not feel alone! Better together! Thanks for that! Rebes

Pearl and Pebble said...

Well now Kelley,I kind of really dig your blog! And I'm not just saying that because I am in love with Dylan. One of my favorite Etsy shops is Element Clay Studio(http://www.elementclaystudio.etsy.com)This is one stunning giveaway! Jackpot indeed!!! I hope you are feeling better and can enjoy the Easter weekend a little bit:D

Stefanie said...

I'd love to win - and would gladly pay the shipping costs! That's such a great idea. My favorite blog is:

Nina Bagley's blog

regards from Germany

Stefanie

Ann said...

WOW! What a stash! I love the stone and the pierced metal beads.

My favorite bead blog is katemckinnon.com followed closely by Lorelei's blog. My favorite non-bead blog is dooce.com.

Thanks for the terrific giveaway!
Ann
mycriticaleye.com

cstironkat said...

I would love to share these with my niece. There are some beautiful, unique beads here.

http://beadhappilyeverafter.com/blog/ is one of my favorite blogs.

Anonymous said...

very generous indeed! thanks for the opportunity.

my current fav blog is cerebraldilettante.blogspot.com, she's a funny gal and love her jewelry!

Donna Rafferty said...

What a fabulous collection - Are you sure it's not an April Fools joke?

Anyway if you need to replenish your supplies, here's an ETSY seller from my favorites:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinksupply

Unknown said...

Well, well, well. Looks like Christmas is coming early this year. WoooHooo!I pray I'm the winner.
I would have to concur in liking Lorelei's Etsy and blog.
You are very generous for doing this.
Thanks.
Susan Solleder

Unknown said...

yikes~ a fave? I follow over 200 blogs so it is hard to pick just one. I have them all on reader too, so I don't miss any.Loreli's of course, but smitten kitchen or pioneer woman for cooking, skull a day(all of those!) a new current fave is artgirl island & the blogess. this is a really great looking stash of beads, thanks for the fun!

Unknown said...

We enjoy loralei and artbeadscene, among many others. :) Your offer is fabulous, and what a great idea to share favourites amongst the community.

Jean Hutter said...

Om my I want to play - my favorite blog would have to be Nina Bagley http://www.ornamental.typepad.com/

I love it very inspirational

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Really? ALL of that!? Ok..this is serious! My favorite blog is the Pioneer Woman blog. The woman is my hero..cooking, photography, home & garden...I read it at least once a day!

lilew27 said...

Hello and thank you for this wonderful blog and opportunity to win a hand-picked bead extravaganza. Fantastic idea! You have inspired me to no end. Your blog is my favorite blog ever! It is so fun and inviting, it feels like visiting a great friend. Thank you. My favorite shop on etsy is Potty Mouth Gems, great finds and Janet is hilarious. Prices are great and it brings a smile to my face when I read her descriptions.
Would love to win this prize. Just started my business fulltime and in the process of building my etsy shop.
How fun! Also, if I win (which I really want to win those beads) I will also gather 1.5 lbs. Of hand-picked beads to give away. Fantastic idea.
Lisa
etsy store lilew
lilew@mac.com

MoonRae said...

Yummy beads!! we can never have too many can we??? My favorite blog is Nina Bagley's http://ornamental.typepad.com If you haven't visited please check it out, she's so inspirational...be sure and tell her MoonRae sent you

Mia J. said...

Well I think I am one of many whose favorite is lorelei's at the moment so much beautiful jewelry.

Pretty Things said...

One of my favorite blogs is http://notalwaysright.com. Utter hilarity.

Jen Judd said...

Beads!!! I could definitely got lost for hours in blogland...but, I have to go make something sometime, right? haaaaaaaaa My fave blog is my bud Julianna at www.julsbeads.blogspot.com. She's a total riot in addition to being an amazing artist. :) Jen

Burgnewel Designs said...

Wow. Great giveaway. Found you through Lorelie's Blog so you can see that is my favorite blog. One of my favorite shops on Esty is Starburstjewels. Hope to win those super beads.

Gaea said...

Just one shop or blog?!?! I LOVE http://thenoisyplume.blogspot.com/
the noisy plume blog as well as her etsy shop...
Her work sells out in minutes! Amazing work!
http://www.etsy.com/shop_sold.php?user_id=5224908

diane hawkey said...

Wow i need more beads like a hole in the head. hmmmm...Maybe I need a hole in the head.
I loveMelanie Brooks blog ttp://earthenwood-beads.blogspot.com/ because she never sits still and Lorteleis blog because she always surprises me ith her creativity http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/

Barbara@BabyBloggingBoomer said...

There are some really good beading, sewing, crafting and decorating blogs that I love but my all time favorite is is a life story blog at http://bodaciousboomer.com. Thanks for the contest.

Carole said...

My absolute favorite blog is katemckinnon.wordpress.com. Like Andrew, I check it several times a day, just to see what Kate is up to now.

Thanks for the giveaway, I'd love to win the beads but I got some interesting new blogs to follow, so I feel like I win either way.

Heather Powers said...

So hard to pick. I think Nina Bagley is my top favorite. Followed by Vintaj, they are always so creative and fun.

Karyn said...

Wow what an incredibly generous thing to do ... soooo many gorgeous beads.

One of my favourite blogs is Julsbeads at http://julsbeads.blogspot.com/

I adore her beadwork and she is an amusing and talented write. I always have a smile on my face after reading her blog which is a good thing as I stop by daily.

Karyn

moonlitfantaseas said...

wow this is an amazing give away, very generous! one of my favorite blogs is Andrew Thorntons, he is amazing, and very talented, seems to be good at everything he does

Larissa said...

the giveaway is just fantastic! it"s hard to believe!
my favorite etsy seller at the moment is Mermaidsdowry (http://www.etsy.com/shop/mermaidsdowry

fanciful devices said...

Um, yes please!
My favorite etsian:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sparrowsalvage
My favorite blog:
http://cafecartolina.blogspot.com/
have you considered dividing this stash into several lots? and giving me one ? now?

ThisThisAndThat said...

What a stunning giveaway. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be the lucky one.
I have a favorite blog where Turquoise Magpie features her clients creations. Always an inspritation. bloghttp://turquoisemagpie.blogspot.com/

Belinda Saville said...

My mind spins with the thought of all those gorgeous beads...so many lovelies! You are amazing to be giving them away. May your generosity return to you three-fold :-)

I find new and inspiring blogs all the time, but one of my favourites, which is visit on a daily basis, belongs to the beautiful and talented Nicole Campanella:

http://beadwright.blogspot.com/

Nicole's art is amazing, her heart is enormous, her generosity is reknowned, and her approach to life is utterly inspiring :-)

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

I like beads a lot, but I like headbands too which is why this chick's stuff is da bomb: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thecandythief
By the way, I agree with everyone else...you're nuts to give away so many beads! Mind you, that is in no way a complaint!

Barbie McGee said...

This is a wonderful giveaway and a great idea to promote Etsy business. Lorelei gave me my favorite Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReductionNation, she has vintage beads that I think are spectacular. I also love, love Jade Scott pendants which I also learned thru an article that was in a beading magazine that Lorelei had a necklace in. The only blog that I read is lorelei1141.blogspot.com Lorelei amazes me with everything she does. I want to be just like her when I grow up. Tee Hee

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

I literally stumbled into this giveaway notice today. You are queen of the air waves today. My favorite shop is lavendercottage.etsy.com. Cheryl is a chat friend of mine and she is an awesome metalsmith designer.

Malin de Koning said...

Hi, you are amazing. That looks like an absolutely marvellous lot of beads. What if I could win them.

My favourite ETSY shop varies depending on what I am on the hunt for at the time, but one of the first ones I discovered and fell in love with when I started to look around on Etsy in january 2009 was Humblebeads. I didn't get around to buy something from her until recently though. But now I think I must place a new order again. You know that musting, don't you!

My favourite blog is Lorelei's because I always find great inspiration there. AND I found the link to this place. That is something, isn't it!?!?

Lots of love from Sweden,
Malin

Art and Whimsy said...

This is a great give away! my favorite etsy shop (other than my own, which is myartandwhimsy) is ArtworkbyKD...all of her stuff is from recycled materials (plus I have met her and she is a really nice person) now if we could just get her to add beads....

Eveline said...

Wow, that is an amazing giveaway!
Naming a favourite shop is very difficult, but I do very much like
http://www.etsy.com/shop/polarity
Her lockets are wonderful!

Now I have to stop typing because I need to keep my fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is an amazing stash! My favourite shop on etsy at the moment (the same for Folksy here in the UK) is Cinnamon Jewellery, http://www.etsy.com/shop/CinnamonJewellery - Tracy works primarily with wire and I just love her designs. My favourite blog has to be Lisa Crone's A Bead a Day - I just can't get enough of all of her beads, and I would love to have all of these beads!!

Lord's Treasures/Dove Designs® said...

Oh, my goodness! Your beads are fabulous. How in the world do you do the hollow beads, the ones that have openings, see-through? I am also a PC artist and my blog is called Dove Designs. Maybe if you get a moment you can check it out. dovedesigns.blogspot(dot)com
I also have a website for my wire art as well as the PC.

Kokopelli said...

Hi! I just came over from Lisa's A Bead A Day, which is one of my two fav blogs. The second is The Beading Gem's Journal (www.beadinggem.com). Sorry, can't choose between the two! And who wouldn't want to win this bead package! Happy Easter! :-)

Shirley said...

Hi there! I found out about your giveaway thru A Bead A Day's blog. That's what I like about reading different people's blogs, is finding new artists to drool over! I am mainly a beadweaver, and I have two faves on Etsy, Carol Dean Sharpe's SandFibers, and MaryLou Holvenstot's Time2cre8. They are both phenomenal artists. After drooling all over your Etsy shop, now I have a new fave!! thanks so much for creating this giveaway. Now I'm heading over to Etsy to check out some of the sites people have mentioned....

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fantastic giveaway! It is too hard to narrow it down to just one. I picked three and that was difficult, lol! Missficklemedia,Jade Scott, and Lorelei's are three that I visit every day to see what is new. Good luck to everyone...hope I win! Thank-you for your generous giveaway. It's a feast for the eyes!

tattwo said...

One of my favorite etsy's is http://www.etsy.com/shop/LadybugsDesigns I bought some neck coolers there. Thanks for the giveaway.

Tam said...

wow wow wow... what an amazing giveaway! One of my favorite etsy shops is http://www.etsy.com/shop/BarefootMaiden

Linda Landig said...

What a wonderful give-away! Thank you! (I so-o-o hope I am lucky!). My favorite blog & shop belong to Lorelei Eurto. She challenges my design sense with her asymetrical, funky designs. She makes me want to experiment more, rather than play it safe.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome giveaway, and some fantastic shops and blogs in the comments here too! :-D For something different, I enjoying learning how to hand-spin yarn from Silverspunalpacas http://www.etsy.com/shop/silversunalpacas I also really love the jewellery tutorials and pieces from http://www.etsy.com/shop/Danagonia - Amazing!

I'm glad your strep is starting to clear up - Hope it continues!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Wonderful giveaway. 1/2 would be superb~~
my favorite shop for vintage stones:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/beadhappilyeverafter

Carol

yogavq said...

Wow, I can't believe all the beauties that are being given away, how generous of you. One of my favorite blogs is Lorelei's, she is fun to read and I love her ability to create. . . and look where I am now following her link to you.
Thanks to you and to Lorelei.

Vikki

greenbead said...

Kerry is my favorite blogger! Love her book too!
http://kabsconcepts.blogspot.com/

Esther said...

hi!! my favorite blog is
http://livewirejewelry.blogspot.com/
Sharon Borsavage!! it's the first jewelry blog i saw, in english(i'm french) She inspire me so much , have her own style .. she is a real artis, with wire or craft!!

buzzd said...

I like Jade Scott Etsy shop

Mari said...

Oh MY!!! thank your very much for such a wonderful giveaway!!! Good luck to me!!!My favorite are Lorelei's etst shop and blog. IIt is the perfect place to learn everything about the "bead" community.

Mari from Puerto Rico

Joanna Matuszczyk said...

Hi! Those beads are just wonderful! Thanks for the chance to win!
And these are some of my favorite Etsy shops: http://www.etsy.com/shop/latouchables
http://www.etsy.com/shop/popcorntree
http://www.etsy.com/shop/kathiroussel
http://www.etsy.com/shop/norajane
Greetings from Poland!

Jan said...

Wow, what a great selection, and I would love to win this fantastic prize!

My favourite etsy shop is http://www.etsy.com/shop/BrokenTeepeeDesigns

Just A Tish said...

such a generous and fun giveaway!! one of my favorite blogs is http://ammjewelry.blogspot.com/ i am a huge fan of her work.

Thanks for the fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of those beautiful beads! My favorite blog of the moment is designsponge.com

It's not bead-related, but it's a fabulous reference for home decor, and cool projects. She posted some great jewelry storage ideas last week, and recently several cool ideas for displaying your jewelry in an arty way. Love it!

Jamar said...

Many of my favorite journals have been listed already so these are three that inspire me that had not been mentioned:

http://cathypentondesigns.blogspot.com/ in Australia. She has recently opened a physical shop so has not posted as often, however; her blog roll can take you on inspiring journeys for hours.

http://www.janethornley.com/blog/index.php/site/KnittersCorner/ More knitting than jewelry, but her use of color and how she interprets things from nature into actual pieces is quite inspiring.

http://maddesignsbeads.blogspot.com/ Marcia Decoster in San Diego, CA. Her designs are extremely inspirational as well as her commentaries of friends and places and travels. Her blog roll is another that is great for an afternoon stroll to someplace.

Island Ephemera said...

Whoa! That's an impressive and wondrous stash of goodies you're giving away. I hope they go to someone most deserving of them. If, on the other hand, you want to send them to me.... well, I'll try to live up to the challenge. My current favorite blog belongs to a card maker who inspires me with her creativity as well as her tremendous level of production. You can find her at carmicimicata.blogspot.com

glassgirl said...

Wow what a giveaway! My fav at the moment is Lorelei's blog
http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/
I love her blog because I love all of the beaders she follows. Thats how I found you!
Thanks for the chance!
Rita

Off the Beadin' Path said...

Ohhhh, all those luscious beads, you'll have to get more!! I have so many favorite blogs, but I'm going to mention Esther-Mes illusions baroque, because I love looking at everything she does and her unique and delightful expressions. Esther, please don't worry about your French, it just makes reading so much more expressive!

Barb Fernald said...

What a cool and generous giveaway. And it is fascinating to see so many great blog and Etsy suggestions from everyone.
I read Kate McKinnon's blog pretty regularly. Also Daily Art Muse, and Miss Ficklemedia.
My favorite Etsy shop is Holly Kellogg's http://www.etsy.com/shop/hkellogg.
Not sure if a comment here links back to my own blog, so I'll give it a mention too!
http://barbarasfernald.com/

Beth said...

Wow-- what a great collection and so many possibilities. My favorite shop right now is summers studio and my favorite blog is pioneer women.

kat said...

holy moly.... what a huge loot of goodies! Thanks for such a fantastic giveaway.

My fave shop is amanda davie and blog is tollipop!

Cindy said...

What a FANTASTIC give away...thank you so much for your generosity. One of my top favorite blogs is Deryn Mentock's Something Sublime. I've been following her beautiful blog for a few years.

Brian and Staci said...

Oh man I am IN LOVE with your beads!!!!! Soooo beautiful!!! Man, I have sooo many favorite blogs...hard to pick one....but I think Sarah at Clover Lane is my fave ;) Thanks for the opportunity to win! If by chance I do win, could you email me at soonerstaci@att.net? Thanks :)

Cindy G. said...

Your beads are absolutely beautiful. It's funny I guess, but I had never even heard of Etsy until last week! I'm having a great time checking out all the crafts and artwork or so many talented people.
My favorite blog is www.thyhandhathprovided@blogspot.com.

sharon said...

Wow, thanks so much for this wonderful opportunity! Your work is incredible!! My favorite blog is Esther Ramos's Mes Illusions Baroques. She is extremely talented in all arts , and very unique!!And , a very kind soul!!

JBarr5 said...

wow thanks for entering me into your contest.

www.jbarrett5.blogspot.com

stringsofpurls said...

What a great giveaway! My daughter would love these. she has loved beads her entire life and I would love to bless here with these! My favorite blog right now is http://www.tandhphotography.com/

Anonymous said...

This is a great give-away!

My favorite is also Lorelei's Blog, but I lurk on many. Guess I must now de-lurk, eh?

Thanks for your generosity.
Tammy

Amy said...

My current fav blog is French Press Knits. I love her pics and projects and am enjoying the development of her craft room.

Unknown said...

Count me in! :) I haven't beaded in months but I'm sure this would get me back into the swing of things...my favorite blog is http://imstillmejustbetter.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

I like my blog!! LOL I love all the blogs on my list!! I am excited every day to see what every one is up to!!

Pam said...

I was directed here by Deb of DebsCraft. I am new to collecting beads as I am in the process of taking Wire Wrap jewelry classes. But looking around your blog I will definitely be coming back often. Thanks

The Bead Gypsy said...

Wow--what a fantastic giveaway! it would be like winning the lottery...the BEAD lottery :-) One of my fav Etsy shops is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/artbylisi and I am a hit-an-miss blog follower, but stay pretty close to: http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/, which is where I have "discovered" most of my favorite blogs and artists such as yourself!
Thanks for the opportunity to win such an inspiring mass of beady goodness.
Have a great day!
Karen

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

What a beautiful, colorful, varied collection of wonderful beads. I'm speechless, and almost type-less as well! A current fave is Sumer's Studio at http://www.etsy.com/shop/summersstudioetc on etsy and her blog is http://summersstudio.blogspot.com/. Her beads are so cute, and I love readin the stories behind them.

Kella said...

Ok I have wandered in here from Lorelei's blog which is one of my favourite blogs, her creations are sublime, earthy and downright flawless.

I am yet to shop on Etsy as my purse is so low on funds but if I could, I would spend money first at two stores, they are: Miss Ficklemedia's Handcrafted Jewelry Components and Maire Dodd's Shop, they both create such ecclectic jewelry findings, I dream of creating pieces with their components.

Thanks for offering such a generous prize, I would be over the moon if I win.

The Joy of Nesting said...

Yikes What a ginormous shot in the old beadstash arm this amazing givaway would be!!! My paypall account gets ever so lonely if I don't visit LeAnn's etsy shop Summers Studio!!!As for my favorite blog has always been Tristan's http://tristanrobin.blogspot.com/

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Francy said...

Awesome give away.

I buy from SueBeads etsy shop.

Anonymous said...

my favorite blog is... http://thegardenjournal.blogspot.com/

aml

lisa oram said...

Oh, my. I want to click on every single link in every single comment. What a great list of cyber places to visit! I think all of these have been mentioned, but anyway, the blogs I love are Kabs Creative Concepts, Daily Art Muse, and Pretty Things. And my blog, Lo and Behold :). Come on over for a visit. I'm posting pretty much every day. I'll be back. Thanks for the amazing giveaway!

Lyn Burns said...

http://belindasaville.blogspot.com/

Belinda shows how "us" ozzies do it ;)

Nancy said...

There are lots of great blogs that I frequent already on the list. I love to read Marcia Decoster's (maddesignsbeads.blogspot.com) and Andrew Thorton's (andrew-thornton.blogspot.com) and Beverly Ash Gilbert's (beverlygilbert.blogspot.com) to name three.

What a great idea!

Lynn said...

Thanks so much for this awesome giftaway! You are tooooooo kind! My favorite blog is www.plays-with-needles.blogspot.com Check it out when you get the chance. You'll love it!

~Lynn
www.beadingheartart.blogspot.com

Aja Vaz said...

Wow, what a treasure! I find myself always checking out Daily Art Muse and polymerclaydaily.com even though I don't work w/ polymer.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievably generaous giveaway!!!!! My favorite Blog is Mary Ann Carroll's - MACarroll.blogspot.com. Her ETSY shop is also my fav. Her beads are just incredible!!!!

beautifullybrokenme said...

I would LOVE to win this treasure trove of goodies! I've got many 'favorite' blogs, but the two I'll list here are: Diane Cook's Rosa & Josie's (http://rosa-josies.blogspot.com/) and Artbeads.com's Blog For Beaders(http://blog.artbeads.com/).

Have a terrific day!

:-)

Rebecca said...

This is crazy amazing! I should do this with all my unused beads that have collected dust over the years. I love my fellow Montana jewelry maker GypsyMoonDesigns. www.etsy.com/shop/Gypsymoondesigns

Terri said...

What a fun giveaway! I love those beads... even though I have NO idea what I could do with them. I think I would have you send them to my aunt who would then make me some gorgeous jewelry!!! I found you through Thy Hand's giveaway and just had to hang out and look around. My favorite blog is the first one that hooked me: Nesting Place www.thenester.com Blessings!!!

Spirited Earth said...

wow this is a fabulous give away.
a mountain of beads. My current most fav blog is Lorelei's.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Oh my word. What gorgeous beads. Okay. I am NOT trying to suck up. I promise. My favorite Etsy shop is yours...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kelleysbeadstudio

Sorry, it won't be new to your readers, but it mesmerizes me. Congrats to the winner, whoever the lucky, lucky person may be.

graygirlstudios said...

WOW! are you serious? this is the most fabulous, bestest giveaway like, ever in the whole wide world! GREAT!
well, um, I'd have to say my favorite blog right now is Lorelei's blog. She's funny and witty and has some nice stuff.

http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/

Casey Sharpe said...

Those beads look absolutely glorious! Very excited for whoever wins!

I've got waaaay too many Etsy shop favorites, but as far as jewelery is concerned, I love http://www.etsy.com/shop/indigoflameworks because they have wonderful enamels

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bousky has lovely floral lampworked beads. I covet quite a few of them.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/jpolka
doesn't do jewelry, but does such amazing crochet patterns (I don't even know how to crochet, but she makes me want to learn) that I couldn't resist sharing!

Sandra Elizabeth-York / Elizabeadan said...

YOUR BLOG IS THE BEST....I only just found you about an hour ago, wait maybe 2....I got lost in all the information!!!
You have an enormous amount of information to share and just a few extra beads, which I would love to work with.
Thank you for the time you put into this blog & I shall return again tommorrow.
Sandi

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful collection there, that would make one hell of a necklace.
My favourite blog at the moment is http://attic24.typepad.com its so colourful & inspiring.
Amanda.x.

Impronte said...

Your giveaway is...INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
You are really generous!
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to win!!!

My favourite blog are:
http://cafecreativo.blogspot.com/, rosijofarecon.blogspot.com/
and...my blog!!!!

I don't have a favourite shop at etsy because I always buy in ebay shops or in this web site: Perlesandco.

A big kiss from Italy,
Chiara

Beads & Pieces said...

This is a great giveaway - I love the beads!

My favourite blogs include Lorelei's (http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com) and Fleurfatale (http://fleurfatale.blogspot.com)

Knittingdancer on Ravelry said...

I am a knitter so my favorite blog is Juniper Farm at fiberfarm.com. I think those beads would make some beautiful stitch markers for my fellow knitters.

Knittingdancer

Rachelle said...

One of my fave blogs is bobsbs not just because it is random, but because he is a really good friend. Not jewelry or bead related, but random musings of a real-world person with interesting observations. I frequently find myself going to Kelleysbeads on Etsy to see what awesome thing she has done or what awesome colors she has combined next (I know, kissing up doesn't increase chances of winning). I have met Kelley in person and she is a wonderful person!

Sewicked said...

Oooh, what lovely beads. Oooh, shiny...*ahem* There are a lot of great Etsy shops & crafty blogs, but one of my all time faves is TotusMel. Both her blog & her Etsy shop are amazing. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/TotusMel)

Elina said...

Wow, this is just too good to pass... :)

I have a few blogs lined up in my favourites. Latest is Suzannah's blog http://adventuresindressmaking.blogspot.com/. She takes old t-shirts, dresses, etc. and shows you how to remake them into something lovely.

And for bonus; the Etsy shop that I find myself visiting over and over and over again: http://vaisto.etsy.com.

And now off to browse some of the links everyone else has posted... (I'm supposed to be filing my tax return but...)

Emily said...

I'm a firm believer that you can never have enough beads!

My all time favorite etsy shop is Bijoux d’Odalisque (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BijouxOdalisque) Her work is truly breathtaking. I can only hope that I'll be able to design jewelry as beautiful as hers someday.

Heather Leavers said...

My favourite blog is of course our lovely ETTEAM blog http://etsytreasuryteam.blogspot.com/where we have a giveaway too right now. Your beads look FABULOUS!

Miranda Ward said...

Mommypr is my favorite blog

bob's bs said...

I'd be lying if I didn't say PurpleCatJewels' etsy shop was a favorite; I've even bought stuff there for my wife. But the prospect of all those beads? My wife would kill for that!

Mandy said...

This picture makes me drool, lol! I can't believe you are going to give them all away!!

Ok, so favorite shop, of course,
http://www.lorelei1141.etsy.com
=)
And favorite blog at the moment
http://kellymccaleb.typepad.com/

Lois Moon said...

My favorite etsy shop is Gabriel Studio. I love checking in to see what tiny worlds have been created in polymer clay

As for blogs, I like Lorelei's a lot because of her great work, but also because her blog roll shows how long ago each blog was updated. I love this feature because I can check up on all of my favorite beaders without going to my blog and checking the blogs
I'm following. This saves me guilt over not updating my blog frequently enough.

So, maybe I'm lucky number 153 for this give-away...come on, mama needs a new box-o-beads.

Mil gracias,
Lois
moondepadilla[at]gmail[dot]com
http://loismoon.blogspot.com/

Melinda Orr said...

My favorite blog is http://www.beadinggem.com/ a site I just came across recently. It is a great idea source and offers great tutorials as well. My favorite Etsy is http://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturesArtMelbourne?show_panel=true really unique one of a kind jewelry! Great giveaway...hope I get picked!

*jean* said...

ooo gosh!! how awesome! thanks for the chance to win...my favorite blog is yours for sure!! ....and dottie angel...a quirky, retro gal who cracks me up...and in honor of delurking month, i'm jean, i live in MN and it's finally spring here...i like pina coladas and walks in the rain...not into health foods, i am into champagne...

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails